BBC Children In Need - Main Grants
The funder gives grants to organisations in the UK working with children who have mental, physical or sensory disabilities; behavioural or psychological disorders; are living in poverty or situations of deprivation; are suffering through distress, abuse or neglect.
- When to apply:
- The next deadline is to be advised. It is likely to mid January 2019. They usually make decisions on Main Grants within about 5 months of the application deadline date.
- Next deadline:
No deadline date
- Charities only:
0141 422 6111
- How to apply
- Use the online application system to complete an Initial Application and to submit additional information.
- This fund lists a large number of exclusions: check the website for details.
Fund award sizes
No maximum provided
- Annually awarded:
- Notes on award amounts:
- There is no upper limit for Main Grants but they make very few grants over £120,000 (or £40,000 per year) and most grants are for much less.
- General charitable activities
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Mental health conditions
- People affected by ill-health
- People of a specific age group
- People with disabilities
- People with learning disabilities
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory impairments
- Physical health conditions
- Victims of crime / abuse
- Young people