Greggs Foundation - Local Communities Project Fund
Helps organisations based in local communities to deliver projects or provide equipment to people in need at the heart of our local communities. They are interested in projects that improve resilience within your community of interest. All projects must support a community of interest, ie people who are: disabled or suffering chronic illness; living in poverty; voluntary carers; homeless people; isolated older people; other demonstrable significant need.They can fund sessional activities/respite support, equipment for sessional activities, trips and residential breaks. They are more likely to make grants to local organisations based near Greggs shops.
- When to apply:
- Round 2 is now open and closes on 22nd June (midnight) with decisions being announced by 17th August 2018
- Next deadline:
22 Jun 2018
- Charities only:
0191 212 7626
- How to apply
- Online application form.
- Any not for profit organisation can apply, however, larger organisations with a turnover in excess of £300,000 are unlikely to be successful. They do not fund running costs or continuation of existing and ongoing work.
Fund award sizes
No minimum provided
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No anually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- The fund is competitive. In 2017 27% of eligible applications were awarded.
- Befriending and mentoring
- General charitable activities
- Health and social care
- Recreation and social activities
- Respite/ holidays
- Carers/ parents
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Homeless or badly Housed
- Isolated socially
- Living in poverty
- Older people
- People affected by ill-health
- People of a specific age group
- People with disabilities