Scottish Borders Council - Scottish Borders LEADER
The aim of LEADER is to increase support to local rural community and business networks to build knowledge and skills, and encourage innovation and cooperation in order to tackle local development objectives.
The main development theme of the strategy will be Enterprising Communities, with a focus on innovation, capacity building, support for rural businesses and social enterprises, sustainability of projects, income generation, and creating and safeguarding employment.
In addition to core LEADER funding, enterprise funding will be available for rural businesses and farm business diversification projects.
- When to apply:
- Expression of Interest forms can be submitted at any time. Deadline dates for 2018 are 28 February, 30 June, 12 September and 16 November 2018..
- Next deadline:
12 Sep 2018
- Charities only:
- How to apply
- Expression of Interest forms are available from the Scottish Rural Network website (https://www.ruralnetwork.scot/funding/leader/expression-interest-form). However, LEADER staff will be pleased to discuss your project proposals at an early stage.
- This fund is for the Scottish Borders only. Check the website for details.
Fund award sizes
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No anually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- Community groups may apply for up to 60% grant funding
- Arts and Cultural Activities
- Community and capacity building
- Community development and regeneration
- Community facilities
- Education and Training
- Employability services
- Environmental Projects
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Living in rural areas
- The local community
- Young people