Tesco Bags of Help
Bags of Help is Tesco’s local community grant scheme where the money raised by the carrier bag charge in Tesco stores is being used to fund community projects across the UK. The projects must bring benefits to the community. It can fund the development of, and activity in, outdoor spaces such as allotments and community gardens and also the purchase of items such as sports kits, camping equipment, spades, litter pickers or specialised medical equipment. Funding is also available for improvements to community buildings, for example scout or guide hut, church or village hall or sports changing rooms. Groups looking to hold seasonal events and activities such as a Christmas lights can also apply for funding through the programme.
- Private/for Profit Organisation
- When to apply:
- Bags of Help is always open to applications from community projects
- Next deadline:
No deadline date
- Charities only:
- How to apply
- To apply for a grant, start by taking the eligibility quiz online. See the website for details of the community enablers that can support you in making your application.
- Sites solely used for religious or political purposes will not be eligible, nor will sites where a charge is made to access the project location such as a children’s farm, or play area provided on private land.
Fund award sizes
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No anually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- Following a bi-monthly public vote in local Tesco stores, three projects in each of the Tesco regions will receive a grant every two months, with first place receiving up to £4000, second place £2000 and third place £1000.
- Arts and Cultural Activities
- Citizenship and community involvement
- Community facilities
- Education and Training
- Environmental Projects
- Recreation and social activities
- General public
- Natural Environment
- The local community