Foundation Scotland - Nationwide Building Society Community Grants
This Community Grants programme supports local housing projects so more people can have a place fit to call home. The grants will fund projects that provide housing services to people in need and support the most vulnerable. Successful projects must support one of the three objectives: preventing people from being homeless, this could be by improving physical, emotional or social condition, e.g. developing new accommodation for those who are currently homeless; helping people into a home, this could be by helping people into supported accommodation or stabilising rental accommodation e.g. helping people to access bond schemes; supporting people to remain in their home, this could be by supporting people’s independent living within their current home e.g. offering adaptations to support older people or people with disabilities to live at home and continue to be active.
- When to apply:
- Currently closed. Last open in March/April 2018.
- Next deadline:
No deadline date
- Charities only:
No funder email
No funder phone number
- How to apply
- Application form and guidance online.
- They won't fund major or large-scale capital costs (vehicles, land, property, building works), retrospective costs, reimbursement for costs over 25% of your annual income.
Fund award sizes
No maximum provided
- Annually awarded:
No anually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- Organisations can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £25,000 for bids from singular organisations; and between £10,000 and £50,000 for bids from partnerships and consortia.
- Economically/socially disadvantaged
- Homeless or badly Housed
- Living in poverty
- People with disabilities