National Churches Trust - Foundation Grants
The Foundation Grant Programme is a small grants programme for maintenance to listed and unlisted Christian churches, chapels and meeting houses. The maintenance works and small repairs must be identified as high priority within a recent Quinquennial Inspection or Survey Report. Items could include fixing slipped roof tiles, clearing gutters, improving rain water goods and drainage. It can also fund small investigative works and surveys.
- When to apply:
- The first deadline is 24 January 2019 for a decision in March 2019. Subsequent deadlines are 12 May (for a decision in July 2019) and 26 September (for a decision in November 2019).
- Next deadline:
24 Jan 2019
- Charities only:
020 7222 0605
- How to apply
- Take the eligibility test first then apply using the online application form on the website.
- Buildings not open to the public for a minimum of 100 days a year beyond worship use. See the website for other exclusions.
Fund award sizes
No average provided
- Annually awarded:
No anually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- You must have raised 50% of the project costs.
- Heritage/ building preservation
- Recreation and social activities
- Religious activities
- Religious and Belief Groups/Communities
- The local community