Firstport - Build It Awards
The fund is for individuals who have already piloted their social enterprise idea, have been trading for about 12 months and have generated income through selling a product or a service. They want to see that you have a business track record and that your idea has generated a positive impact in your community of need. Funding is available to cover an individual’s salary/living costs for one year, so that they can begin running the business full time.
- When to apply:
- The deadlines for Build It awards to be submitted has been set for 12 noon on 11 April 2019, 11 July, 26 September 2019 and 29 January 2020.
- Next deadline:
11 Jul 2019
- Charities only:
0131 558 2724
- How to apply
- The application form and guidance can be found on the website. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend in person to pitch to our panel on 21 march 2019. You will also be allocated an appointment to attend a Practice Your Pitch and Cashflow Challenge session in the run up to the panel to help you prepare your presentation.
- The award cannot be use to fund an organisation which is yet to get up and running. Further exclusions are listed on the website.
Fund award sizes
No minimum provided
- Annually awarded:
No annually awarded amount provided
- Notes on award amounts:
- In exceptional circumstances, they will consider funding up to a further £5,000 for additional essential costs, such as hiring other staff.
- Community development and regeneration
- General charitable activities
- Local communities
- Third sector organisations